ACRL Washington State Chapter Board Position Description: Secretary
The Secretary must be a member of the Washington State Chapter of ACRL.
The Secretary will serve a two-year term, which begins July 1.
- The Secretary shall serve as a voting member of the Board of Directors.
- Provide mailing labels and/or information upon request to the nominating committee, the national organization, or other library organizations, etc. as appropriate.
- Prepare minutes for all Board and Chapter meetings. Submit final versions to the Webmaster and Newsletter Editor for inclusion in the Chapter website and newsletter.
- Keep archival copies of all appropriate documents.
- Submit appropriate documents to the Chapter Archives at the University of Washington Libraries, Manuscripts, Special Collections, and the University Archives.
- Send information to members about how to join the Chapter email list.
May: For the spring Board meeting, prepare, present and seek approval for fall membership meeting draft minutes; take spring Board meeting minutes and send to Board for review.
October: For the fall Board meeting prepare, present and seek approval for spring membership meeting draft minutes; for the Annual Membership Meeting prepare, present and seek approval for the previous fall’s Membership Meeting minutes.