The ACRL-Washington Excellence Award recognizes a project that demonstrates excellence in the field by significantly improving Washington State academic or research libraries/librarianship. It is awarded by the Washington Chapter of ACRL.
· Who is eligible?
o Any individual who is employed in an academic or research library in Washington State, OR
o Any group that includes at least one member who is employed in an academic or research library in Washington State.
o ACRL-Washington membership is NOT required.
o Current ACRL-Washington Board Members are not eligible for the award.
· What projects qualify?
o Any project that supports the improvement of academic or research libraries/librarianship in Washington State, with at least one member working at a library in Washington State.
o The initiative or project that is the basis of the nomination must have occurred in the previous two years.
What does the award include?
· A commemorative certificate.
· Recognition at the ACRL-Oregon/Washington Fall Conference.
· One stipend of up to $150 to defray the cost of the recipient’s registration to attend the ACRL-Oregon/Washington Fall Conference. The 2016 conference, Enhancing Creativity and Turning Inspiration Into Reality, will be held October 27th and 28th at Menucha Retreat and Conference Center near Corbett, Oregon. More information about the conference can be found here .
· One year of membership in the Washington State Chapter of ACRL.
How to Apply:
Applicants must fill out the application form found here. They will be required to:
· Write a 750-word essay addressing the prompt: Describe your project’s scope and impact on libraries and librarianship in Washington State.
· Submit at least one letter of recommendation in support of the project via email (Word or PDF) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is Friday, September 2nd, 2016. Winners will be notified by September 16th.